BAS Castings Ltd is an environmentally friendly operation.
It is the policy of BAS Castings Limited to:
- minimise the extent of environmental impacts of operations within the company’s influence;
- liaise with our clients on potential environmental issues and work with them to address concerns, in so far as work constraint permit;
- strive to minimise any omissions which may cause environmental damage;
- conserve energy through minimising consumption and maximising efficiency minimise the use of materials which may be harmful to the environment;
- promote efficient purchasing which will both minimise waste and allow materials to be recycled where appropriate;
- employ sound waste management practices
- put in place procedures and support information that enables compliance with the law, regulations and codes of practice relating to environmental issues;
- provide suitable training on environmental issues to employees;
- recognise and encourage the contribution every employee can make towards improving environmental performance;
- develop procedures and where appropriate, set performance targets;
- sustain and develop this policy by the implementation of an Environmental Management System (EMS);
- monitor environmental performance, make regular reviews of the policy and EMS, and make improvements where possible.
Robert G Radford
Health & Safety at work act, 1974
company safety policy
General Policy Statement
It is the policy of BAS Castings Limited to:
- provide a place of work that is safe and without risk to the health and welfare of all its employees, independent contractors and the general public, so far as is reasonably practicable;
- provide appropriate training;
- seek to continually improve its safety, health and welfare performance;
- make safety an integral part of the management of the company;
- comply fully with the law;
- make regular reviews of this safety policy and institute improvements, where possible;
- consult with employees periodically to ascertain what measures should be taken to increase awareness of health and safety and to ensure that all necessary measures are taken to make this policy effective;
- sustain and develop this policy by the implementation of safety management systems within the company.
Robert G Radford
It is the policy of BAS Castings to maintain the highest level of quality, both product and service, during the production of all products required by our customers.
We are dedicated to on-going, continuous improvements of the Quality Management System throughout all levels and functions of the business as required by ISO 9001: 2008. This commitment is detailed within our Quality Management System and evidenced by scheduled internal and external audits, and by review of these audits at the Management Review meetings.
Alterations and additions to the Quality Objectives may be required as a result of these audits and also in response to client, quality or legislative changes.
It is the responsibility of every employee within BAS Castings to perform their tasks correctly, to ensure that all products have been produced or processed in accordance with established procedures, and it is the responsibility of BAS Castings to train and empower employees to attain these goals and to provide the necessary resources to implement this policy.
The ultimate responsibility rests with the Managing Director through the Quality Manager, but quality will only be maintained in all areas of the business by the application of the Quality Management System and the process of continual review and improvement.
Robert G Radford
What types of data do we collect and hold?
The personal data that we hold about you will be held securely, processed fairly and lawfully, will be specific, adequate and relevant. It will not be excessive or held for a period of time longer than deemed necessary.
Personal data or information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
What do we use personal data for?
Our primary use of personal information is to enable us to deliver services to our stake holders. Where we have a contract with you, or your employer it is necessary for us to process certain personal data to deliver that contract and provide our services.
We also use personal information for our legitimate business interests in monitoring, developing and promoting our products and services. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
We may contact you by email, post or via the telephone. If you do not wish to receive these communications, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com or telephone us on 01773 812028.
Sharing personal data with third parties
BAS Castings Limited does not sell, trade, or rent any personal information to other organisations.
We may disclose personal information to third parties only in the following circumstances:
- The individual whom the personal data is about has consented to the processing
- The processing is necessary in relation to a contract entered into by the individual
- The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation
- The processing is necessary to protect the individual’s “vital interests”
- The processing is necessary for administering justice, or for exercising statutory, governmental, or other public functions
- The processing is in accordance with the “legitimate interests” condition.
Storing and retaining personal information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Electronic Data Storage
- All electronic data storage systems will be at least password protected. Rights of access will only be granted to personnel with a legitimate need to process the data.
- If personal data is stored on removable electronic media, these will be kept locked away securely when not being used.
- Personal data will only be stored on designated, restricted drives.
- Servers containing personal data will be sited in a secure location.
- Personal data will be backed up frequently in line with the Company’s backup procedures.
- All servers and computers containing data shall be protected by appropriate security software/system.
Paper Data Storage
- Personal data on paper shall be kept in a locked drawer or filing cabinet.
- Personal data printouts will be shredded and disposed of securely when no longer required.
- Personal data will not be retained for ex-employees unless it is required to be kept by law (i.e tax documents) or shows that the Company has fulfilled its legal and moral obligations to the employee i.e. health surveillance records
Your rights under the protection law
As an individual, you have a number of rights under the relevant data protection laws, including:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification (if the data we hold is incorrect)
- The right to erasure (unless there is a legal obligation for us to hold this data)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to request that decisions are not taken by wholly automated means
- The right to data portability
Whilst we will always strive for excellent service, we recognise that you may not be happy with the way that we have handled your personal information. If you are dissatisfied with how we are using your personal data or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01773 812028 and we will try to resolve any issues. However, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their helpline telephone number is 0303 123 1113.